My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Walmart on a Road Trip (Hopes and Wants)

Last night, I swear this dream was telling my all my hopes and wants in the world. Or at least, it symbolized that.

I was going for a very long trip, with Mike, Chris, and Megan. We were taking two vehicles; Mike and Chris in Mike's little red Tacoma, and me and Megan in my Tundra. My tundra was also pulling behind it a long flatbed trailer with a bunch of odds and ends all over it, though I couldn't make out what anything was.

We had been traveling for a while, but we were all happy. We had stopped at a few different gas stations along the way, picking up various foods and snacks and drinks. The weather was perfect, when it did decide to rain it was a light shower and the sun was still out. Beautiful scenery guided us all over the place, though I don't know if we had an end destination in mind or not.

Eventually we pulled up to a Walmart, Mike saying he had to grab a few things, and me saying there were a few things I'd like to pick up while we were there. We split up for a while, me and Megan going one way, Mike going his way, and Chris saying he'd meet us inside, he had to smoke first. Megan and I grabbed a shopping cart and began going down the aisles. I don't remember a single thing we picked up and put in our cart, and not remembering makes me sad because I have a feeling the items were very symbolic... perhaps the key to what I really want in life. Then again, they might have just been a representation of material things.

There were a few things we picked up that I slid into other items to hide them, and a few things I said we could get free because I'd tell management that they were broken or something. Some story I'd concoct to get free stuff, that was all I knew. I also knew the security system on the store wouldn't catch what I was doing, I could look on the wall and see a metal laptop sort of object mounted, with a bright green eye in the center. I knew they were watching, but I also knew that they would never notice if I looked directly into the eye and smiled and waved as I did whatever it was I was doing.

We ended up running into a manager at some point, and he walked with us for a while, just talking and being friendly. I had already convinced him that some of the stuff we had in our cart ought to be free, and he said it was perfectly fine; that I was right, after all, and there was no reason I should have to pay for those things. He was a very friendly man over all, and I started to feel bad about taking things from his store, even with his permission. Mike and Chris met back up with us after a while, and we went to check out. Mike and Chris had more items and had to go through a separate line. As we neared the checkout counter, my conscience weighed heavily on me, and when it came time to put items on the counter, I put everything up there, even pulled out the items I had hidden, and I didn't tell the cashier about the free things the manager was going to give us. I just put it all up there silently, smiled at the cashier, and paid full price for everything. Megan looked at me quizzically and all I could say was, "It just didn't feel right."

The four of us started walking out toward the trucks, and when we got there all we found was my truck. Mike looked around and asked in a cautious yet worried voice, "Uh... where's my truck? And the trailer?" Suddenly in my mind I got a thought and burst out with, "We should call my grandparents and ask them." So I pulled out my phone and called my grandma, and got good news. My grandparents were in the area, and they had decided they were going to get us McDonald's for lunch. They took Mike's truck and left mine because my truck was big enough to fit the four of us and anything we had bought, and they took the trailer with them so they could keep an eye on it and not have to worry about it being left out in the open in the Walmart parking lot. How sweet of them! We got in my truck and drove to McDonald's, and there they were, my grandparents sitting at a patio table outside just in front of Mike's truck and our trailer. We all sat down to eat, enjoying each other's company and the good food before us.

We said good bye to my grandparents and went back over to Walmart. Mike said he was in the mood for one more thing, and I said I was in the mood for some candy, too. We went inside and I went straight for the candy aisles. I remember going between two aisles, and at the end of the aisles there was another aisle with the endcap right between the two aisles I was walking down, like this:
  ═
╗ ╔
I walked up to the endcap and started picking out candies I wanted. I grabbed three bars each of all my favorites, and Mike walked up just as I was doing so. I playfully held the candy behind my back, saying "I dont know what you're talking about, I wasn't getting a lot..." He laughed and we went down the next aisle, which held even MORE candy! We all started taking what we wanted, and when I wanted a Nestle Crunch bar, I saw that they were out. They did, however, have a section of potted plants that hadn't come back after the winter yet, but that would do so soon, and the labels said "Nestle Crunch Tree". I picked one up, it was nearly $10, and I begged Mike to let me have it. I said it would grow us all the Crunch we could want, and look, the plant I picked out even had tiny green buds coming in! It was already bursting into life! He agreed without a second thought, taking the plant and starting to head to the checkout. I laughed happily and followed behind him, nearly skipping at the good luck and fortune we had.

The dream ended there, before we even checked out. But I have a feeling we did get those things. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....