My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Underwater Farm and a Haircut

Last night's dream was a bit confusing, and I'm not entirely sure of the reasons for a lot of the actions in it... but I blame myself for not knowing, because I took too nearly three hours since waking to sit and type this out, and I didn't think about it much during that time, so a lot of details were lost to me. I think the ones I remember are important though.

I remember me, Mike, an older woman (like a mother figure) and a small group of guys, maybe 2-3 of them. We were on some type of farm, but with an ocean nearby and a water hole right on the property that you could dive down into and be in the ocean. The guys were talking about how they had discovered some sort of cure for something, and some sort of protection against the latest disease (much of this reminded me of zombies being what we were protected from, but I knew it wasn't actually zombies).

The guys went off down the road to show Mike something, and I know they showed him a dead snake (I knew it to be poisonous but nonagressive and nothing we'd ever seen before) and while they were gone I went to show the older woman how we had the largest pecans ever. In the backyard, we had a huge patch of vegetation that looked a lot like 300 lb pumpkins that were connected to each other. I began to pull the pumpkin-pecans apart, and the insides were a light pastel yellow, fading to "unripe" green centers. The older woman began exclaiming how they weren't ready yet, and I was smiling and telling her not to worry, that a little green was just fine, they all cooked up the same with or without green.

The guys came back, Mike excitedly telling me about the adventure they went on, and how there was something amazing under the ocean if we wanted to go see it. We didn't need any special gear on, we could apparently breathe underwater, and it wasn't far. We dove into the water hole and the bottom of the ocean was about 20 feet below us. The entire ocean was lit up, and although it had a watery blue haze, you could see just fine. There was a rope leading back up out of the hole so we didn't get lost. The bottom of the ocean under our farm looked exactly like an underwater farm, and there were even underwater farm animals! We went a little ways out and I'm confused at this point but I believe what he wanted to show me was that we could print out coloring pages with fun pictures on them for the kids to color in... while under water.

Next thing I knew, I was back up on dry land and in the bathroom. I think I was drying off after coming out of the ocean. I was standing in front of the mirror brushing my hair, and I kept shaking my head at how long my bangs were. (In real life, I don't have "bangs", all my hair is the same length.) I ended up getting frustrated, going into the kitchen, grabbing my scissors, and going back to the mirror. I brushed the front part of my hair forwards over my face, and began cutting my hair. I cut the hair in the front just above the tip of my nose, and made sure to consistently check the length with the hair by my ears to make sure I cut it evenly. By the time I was done, and I pulled back, parted my hair the way I wanted, and looked myself in the mirror, my hair was all shoulder length, and it was layered at the sides, leading up to fashionable "bangs" in the front that still brushed off to the sides.

The end! That's it, I cut my hair, admired it, and woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....