My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ice Race for my Games

Last night's dream was exciting, yet scary. I felt true anger in this dream, and fear for not completing a task on time. It also involved a discovery of something lost, in great abundance! All new emotions introduced to my cards under my pillow.

It began with me being placed in some sort of tournament. There were a few others participating, men and women alike, and the overseer was a a tall man dressed in a dark suit, with a dark cape and tophat. I believe he was in either indigo or deep violet, but he kept himself wrapped in shadow. There was a sort of racecourse, with a thin layer of water on the ground, and the walls of the course seemed to be made of icebergs, though it may have been ice-coated glass. It was all deep green and cast in shadow, the walls going up nearly 50 feet in places, so the entire course was dark. We had these jet ski types of bikes that worked best on water, but that still ran on land, and we had to maneuver through the course, looking for a small area with our goal. I'm not sure what the goal looked like, but once we got to it there was some item we'd have to retrieve and bring back to the start.

We lined up at the entrance to the ice maze, and when the overseer waved a globe-tipped staff, we took off. We all began going around an uneven loop counterclockwise, when I happened to glance up and see the overseer laughing down at me. He waved his staff to the right, and as I glanced over, I saw a hidden entrance in the wall. It was created in such a way that if you were passing it counterclockwise, you'd never see it, but if you were coming up on it clockwise you would clearly see two paths to take. I looked around and saw I was alone, so I quickly did a 180 and slid down the pathway. Just as I slipped behind the wall of ice, I heard the other participants rush past. I glanced upwards again, looking for the overseer, but he was nowhere to be found. I saw a pedastal of ice in the center of the small area, with a beam of light shining down around it. Whatever was in the center, I grabbed it and took off back out of the area and onto the course. I was worried the entire time, afraid that I would be ambushed and robbed before I could make it back to the starting zone, and I knew I had to complete this task or I would lose everything.

I made it back to the start, and the overseer stepped out of the shadows to greet me and congratulate me on winning. Even though he stepped OUT of the shadows, the shadows themselves clung to him, and he still appeared dark and ominous, always with this evil grin on his face. The other racers were suddenly lined up behind me, and the overseer was announcing that I had won. My prize? I could open the ice lockbox in my name--there was a full shelf of lockboxes, one in each of our names--and I could retrieve my stolen belongings inside.

I opened my box, and found all of my video games for the Nintendo64. I was surprised to see them, but so glad to have them back. Everyone else was given one small token for their participation, though they clearly were upset to not have their belongings back. I was glancing through my games, when I noticed I was missing some of them... some of my favorites. I began asking people about them, where they were and why they were missing. I was asking for my Mario 64, my Donkey Kong 64, and a few others. No one could tell me where they were, though a few people wouldn't meet my eyes and were obviously trying to get away from me. They knew something, they just weren't telling. The overseer was gone completely.

I began searching for my games, and the search led me to my old bedroom that I had when I was in high school. Someone I knew was sitting in my swivel chair in my room, though I don't remember who it was. They tried to calm me down, telling me it would all be okay, and I should just rest for a bit... all the while trying to ease me onto my bed and get me to lay down, having me rest my head in their lap, telling me it's all okay... it would all be okay...

But it didn't FEEL okay. It felt wrong. Something was wrong, and this person I thought I knew had an ulterior motive that I didn't know and I didn't want to stick around long enough to find out. I pulled myself up to a sitting position, not looking at the person, searching for a way out, for a way to excuse myself from the conversation and the awkwardness of being alone with them, and try to find some reason to leave the room. I exclaimed that I had just dropped something between the bed and the wall, and I should probably grab it before I forget...

When I reached down behind the bed, I felt my fingers wrap around something small, and when I pulled it up to look at it, it was one of my son's missing pacifiers! My son has lost upwards of 20 pacifiers just in the last 6 months, so I was excited to find one. I pulled the bed a few inches away from the wall and laid down to get a better look down the side, and to my surprise there were another 5 or 6 pacifiers down there! I was ecstatic, reaching down and pulling up pacifier after pacifier. The dream ended there, I didn't even leave the room, but I think the look on the person's face said that they were giving up anyways. I was just happy to have found so many pacifiers... my son would be happy. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....