My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Friday, October 26, 2012

In a World Without Cooking Fails

This dream was fun, and yet weird, and reminded me of something I once did in real life... well, of two things I once did in in real life. -____-

I was playing a game in which you picked a world to enter (each one would be different, for example one had ninja kung fu cats) and there were themed quests and such in a little area. It seemed as if the worlds were open for creation; anyone could create a world, design it, create their own quests, and set the rewards for those who could beat them. Most of them weren't hard though.

I was in a Halloween/ghost world, with an old wooden abandoned ship or building (I know it seems hard to mix those up, but it was very run down and the brown of the wood had a gray tone, and it was very broken and unsafe). The second level was sloped down so you could walk up one end to get up on the deck, where there were some ghost/zombie things to kill for a quest.

There was also a floating ghost who wandered the area, and if you could get his attention and make him fight you--and you won--there was a great reward. He had a black flowing cloak, and a white face mask, though I think that mask WAS his face. It was stretched downwards and slightly out with long black facial features. He seemed to be smiling, but a very sad smile.

I knew I was going to find a way to challenge that ghost, but I also knew that first, I had to cook dinner. I left the ghost world for now, and began scrolling through the list of other worlds. I passed worlds with cats, worlds with kung fu cats, worlds with cats drawn with fierce hard lines, worlds with all sorts of things (apparently I can only remember the worlds with cats). I finally found the world that my kitchen was in, and entered.

I was then standing in my kitchen in front of my stove. I was frying something... it might have been eggs. I turned the burner on and went to the table to start chopping some food. After a few moments I turned to check on the pan and see if it was heated enough for the food, and I jumped in shock when I realized I had turned on the wrong burner! I had my kids' diaper bag on the opposite burner, and I had lit it on fire! Luckily the entire thing hadn't caught on fire, but the bottom half of it was smoking and melting to the burner.

I grabbed the bag and set it somewhere safe, then went back and double checked that the right burner was on this time. I turned back to my chopping, amazed at how oblivious I had been in my mistake, and when I turned back to the burner again, the diaper bag was back on the opposite burner again and it was on fire again! I rushed to remove it once again, turned off the burner altogether and decided to make something else. By this time however, no one was hungry.

I went back to my ghost world and attacked the floating ghost with the strange white face. I'm not sure what happened after that, I know I beat him but I don't remember what I got out of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....