My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Dragon King (and Other Dreams) Part One

Last night I had what seemed like 4-5 different dreams, separated by brief moments of waking. Each time I felt consciousness slipping back, I did a quick recap of the dream I had, and prayed that I would remember it by the time I was truly awake. This morning, I feel that I do remember almost all of my dreams, and in a way that surprises me, since I've never been able to remember a dream just by asking myself to remember it. The dreams I record here are more than likely not in the actual order which I dreamed them, but I do know that it ended with the Dragon King, and so I will start with the mundane ones that took place in my home.

I'm going to split this post into two though, because the ones with the Dragon King were quite long and have a LOT of detail to them.

Dream #1: Cleaning the Back Bedroom

I do believe this was the first dream I had, though I can't be 100% sure. In this dream, I was with my husband and our friend Wayne, and we were cleaning and reorganizing the room on the back porch for my friend Megan. It seemed a lot cleaner already, and when I pointed that out, Wayne said that he had done some picking up the night before when he went back there to grab a blanket. We were shocked, and thanked him profusely, then turned our attention back to what was left of the room. There was a full size folding bed that we would have to take out, and I said that it should fit folded up under the pool table so long as I cleaned out from under the pool table itself.

I went into the living room and sat on the floor next to the pool table, and surprisingly it was already cleared out. I sat there for a few minutes, trying to wrack my mind to remember what items were supposed to be under there. Either way, suddenly there was space, and that was good enough for me.

I went back to the back room and the guys were picking up some random boxes of things. I know we didn't get the room cleaned all the way, but my view began to zoom out, as if I was watching the three of us cleaning from afar, then my vision faded and the dream ended.

Dream #2: Pizza

This dream was extremely short, but it stuck in my mind, and somehow I just know that this really was all there is to this dream. Mike and I were sitting in a bedroom, on a bed, leaning against a wall. We were watching TV or a movie; our attention was on the wall opposite us (though my vision never allowed me to see what it was we were watching). The pool table was just outside the bedroom door, and there were a few boxes of pizza stacked on the pool table, the top one left open. Someone else was in the room by the pool table, and I leaned forward and asked if they could bring me another piece. I watched them grab a slice of what looked like cheese though I do believe there was something else on it as well, and they brought it to me. I sat there, holding my slice of pizza, just enjoying life at that moment, before taking a huge bite off the end. I could feel every tastebud crying out in pure joy as the taste of the pizza exploded into my mouth. This part of the dream was slowed down infinitely, and I could FEEL the enjoyment I was having at the taste of that pizza. It was incredible.

I've never woken up to the need for pizza quite the way I did this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....