My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Monday, October 8, 2012

First Love

Last night's dream was somewhat odd. It was short though. The most of it was just me randomly coming across my exboyfriend and First Love, Kenny. I was meeting my friend Shannon for lunch one day and Kenny comes up to us on the street and I suddenly have nowhere to turn to get away. I end up having to talk to him, and for nearly an hour (or as it felt in the dream) he proceeded to tell me just how badly I had hurt him, and how he hasn't been able to have a steady relationship because I caused trust and commitment issues; he was now constantly afraid to trust anyone because he was terrified that they were going to leave him once he got attached.

That was just about the entire dream. I know it wasn't a "real" dream, with any sort of deeper meaning, because it ended with him leaving, me going inside my house, and me starting a load of dishes. Except I wasn't washing dishes. I was washing skinned octopus tentacles. In the dishwasher. They are what I recall most vividly in the dream; Soft and slimy, yet hard if you squeeze them, a light translucent pink, and about eight to nine inches long each. I was putting them three at a time in the silverware spots in the dishwasher.

The entire reason Kenny even popped into my dream is because in the next month I'll be making a weekend trip to Florida, and I'm afraid he might be there to make me feel guilty and to relive my past regrets. Which I know is a ridiculous notion. What I'm more focused on, and more intrigued by, is the washing of the octopus tentacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....