My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Strange Man--Dream 3

I was throwing a party. There were many people there, most of them I knew: Mike, Chris, Megan, and a few others that I dont think were normally there, but i cant recall their faces so it must not be important. Everyone was huddled around the pool table, just talking and laughing, while I was in the living room. There was a very old tv set where our fish tank is now, and I was watching a type of survivor show. There were four contestants, christians vs witches. The first two were the christians. Older ladies, long gray hair, one thin the other. One I think wore an orange shirt, the other had on a red sweater. They held bibles in their hands and were preaching in a very pointed way, the first quieter and the second more heatedly, but definitely making it a point that the bible must be read and god be worshipped. Then it was the witches. The first one was thinner and talked about the craft, was very informative and secretive at the same time.

The second was larger and was full of so much energy and life that she came right out of the screen and into my living room! I knew I was liking her right from the start, as she was smiling in pure joy and love of life, not a worry or care for the thoughts of others. She had long brown hair to her waist, and the closer she got the more I noticed what she was wearing. She had on a crocheted cardigan, long, almost to her knees. It was in so many colors, the entire rainbow must have been present there! She had an array of silver and gold necklaces around her neck and multiple bracelets on her arms. Rings on most of her fingers, some thin and some bulky. She may have also been wearing a scarf. No one else seemed to really take notice that this woman was suddenly in my living room, singing and dancing happily. Not a sexy dance like men want a woman to do, but one with her arms moving up and down, her hands in the air, bouncing about merrily. It was so energetic and happy, I couldnt stop myself from joining her. I do not dance at all, EVER, but seeing this woman here and the feelings I felt from her, I went right along dancing with her, the same dance as she, and even though she mostly blocked everyones view of me, I didnt care much if they did see me. They still werent paying attention though. When the song ended we both stopped dancing but I felt incredible and so full of life. She was still smiling as if she knew.

At this point I will pause to interject with another dream that occured simultaneously to this one, but that coincides here soon. These events took place leading up to now. I knew I was going to throw this party. I had reached out and extended the invitation to a few people, one of them being Doris from the spell closet. She said she'd try to make it but wasnt sure she was really feeling up to it. We were on the phone I think, but as she told me why she wouldnt make it I could see it for myself so clearly that it was as if we were in person. She said she was getting paralysis, but only on her right side, on the right side of her face. That side was drooping badly, her eye, nose, mouth, cheeks. She was going to lie down and hope it got better soon.

There was suddenly a dark bedroom, and her husband was already sleeping on his side (standing at the foot of the bed, his was on the left). As she climbed into bed and laid down, she sighed as if giving in to something, and lifted the covers. Then another woman, one with dark blonde hair, climbs into bed between them. The husband of course sleeps soundly throughout this entire thing. The blonde wants to make doris feel better and usually does, so she tries to heal her. She does so by taking her index finger and prodding at doris' face, pushing the skin upwards towards its natural position over and over. Although it doesnt seem to actually be working for doris, some part of it definitely worked for the blonde, because she stops and looks down between her legs as a warm clear fluid flows out of her and soaks the bed. Doris feels it and jumps out of bed at the shock of realizing this woman, whom she called her sister, just had a sexual response from touching her. She seems visibly shocked and a bit unsure if she should be disgusted, but she definitely did not seem to have expected any such reaction. The blonde was trying not to smile, but was apologizing and saying she didnt expect it to happen and it wouldnt again. It did not take long before doris climbed back into bed, her face much better than before, and her blonde sister looked at her with love and respect as they both drifted off.

Now back to the party so I can tie this together. The energetic witch and I start talking, excitedly. She has so much she wants to show me! She begins pulling things from a tote bag... Crocheted pieces she did! There was a gorgeous pair of socks and a lovely hat, both made from crochet thread. The socks seemed to be a modern rendition of something that might have been worn in olden days before elastic. Just above the ankle there were spaces left around the sock which a white ribbon was weaved through. After putting the sock on, you simply pulled the string tight and tied it. The hat was like a sunhat, with little charms dangling from the brim. I showed her some of what I had made, projects I was working on now that were completed in this dream, and she exclaimed that we would have to exchange patterns! Everyone else started moving to the living room now, and a few were complimenting her on her work, though most of everyone was just walking past us. I went to get something or examine something and lost track of everything around me. When I looked up again I didnt see anyone, they had all gone.

It was at this time that my bedroom door opened and doris walked out! Apparently our houses were connected. She looked much better, but seemed to still be weak. She looked around as she told me that she felt bad about having been invited but not coming, and she decided a few minutes wouldnt hurt. She asked where everyone had went. Just as I was about to reply that I didnt know, he showed up. The same nonchalant man from before steps out from beside the fishtank, which was back in its rightful place. I dont know how I didnt see him there before, its not very wide. He is still calm and in control like before, and leans forward, guiding my shoulders gently with his hands, to show me that everyone was out front sitting on a trailer in the driveway, taking a smoke break. Doris thanked me as if he wasnt there and stepped out front, it was very sunny outside and bright and welcoming. But the man pulls me back and says "no, you're coming with me." We go through the house and out a doorway in the side that isnt really there in real life, and climb into a car in a carport that isnt really there.

The man gets into the driver seat, I get into the back behind him, and I see that there is already another guy in the front passenger seat as well as someone in the back with me (there might have been both a man and a woman in the back seat with me, but I dont think they were important). I wasnt paying attention to where we were going--I didnt know whether to trust this man or not, but he seemed to know where he was going, what he was doing, and besides, no one else in any of my dreams seemed to even be able to see him. I dont recall actually being able to see anything outside the car windows but I knew we were moving. The other passengers were the first people I had seen who acknowledged this man's existence. They had a settled in feeling to them, like people who got on the bus at a stop before yours. They were content with their position in the vehicle and already adjusted to the movement and vibrations of the vehicle. there was no telling just how long they had already been in there. The man in the passenger seat was so excited about something that he just started talking, looking back and forth between everyone in the vehicle to try to get them involved in his ramblings. The man decided to indulge the passenger at one point, commenting on the mention of a song or type of music. He said something about a song called Goddess...something, by a band called Black...something. And how it was a great song that he could really vibe to, and how we should listen to it sometime. I had my tablet with me (when did I grab that?) but the passenger had his phone and had looked it up in an instant. I cant remember the tune but it was deep, and the passenger then went looking for the lyrics and said that they were... Well, I dont remember the word he used. But the man laughed and tossed some comment out, something light and friendly though im not sure he really agreed with the passenger. We never reached our destination, before I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....