My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Strange Man - Dreams 1 and 2

It was another night with three dreams. This no longer surprises me when this happens. Of course, a reoccuring presence and a vision did surprise me.
This will be split into three posts: the first having two dreams, the second having a dream, and the third describing the strange man and the vision.

Dream 1

In the first dream I had, its fading fast,  I remember going out to eat with two people and we were sitting at a small round table. We were talking about going to someones house or something, but a drink or ice had spilled in my lap and instantly spread to make the center of my jean shorts soaked. I did not want the person sitting across from me to see me like that, so we decided to swing into my house first for some made up reason so I could change... My house was like an abandoned two story manor, I saw no furniture, and paint and wallpaper were peeling in the back wall. I saw there was a small stairwell that only seemed to have a few steps and led to nothing, but I knew I had to climb them. The railing was old and broken and someone else was fighting me to climb the stairs first, a woman I think. We struggled, I said I was only looking for one thing but she wouldnt listen and we broke the railing off completely. I tore away the remaining fragments and it appeared as if there was never a railing. I was afraid of falling but I did not fear to climb those steps, because I knew I had to.

Dream 2

I woke up in bed suddenly in the middle of the night. The room was a little hazy, and something didnt feel quite right. I went to stand and saw that a wall of my room was missing beyond the edge of the bed. Like the bed was pushed into the corner, with the short end against one wall. But the wall only went to the end of the bed, just barely a few inchesbeyond it, and stopped, leaving a huge space to the yard. There was a moon in the sky, but I only just remembered that. I dont know if I saw it there, but I felt it. The wall was made that way, to be open. It was as if the outdoors was being incorporated into the room, and actually the outdoors WAS the room. But it was outside. Perhaps it was the fence of the backyard that made me still feel enclosed. I knew something was wrong here. When I stood up, the first thing noticed is that my hubby was sitting in the doorway between inside and out, with a hat pulled down over his eyes, and he was sleeping.

As my gaze swept the yard it came to rest on two strange men standing just the other side of the wall--intruders. They both were wearing black leather jackets, one had long greasy brown hair that went to his shoulders. They were standing there smoking, as if taking a break in the cool night air before continuing a job. One of them must have seen me, because the long haired one spun about in surprise and pulled out a small black handgun to point in my face. I jumped backward a bit, threw my hands up in front of my face, and exclaimed "woah, hey, no, what are you doing, are you crazy, my husband is sleeping right there!" which although it fit in the dream doesnt seem to be the right words, not what I think I would have said. but I did. As if on cue, hubby wakes up with a start at hearing me talking and tries to stand when he sees the two men, but stops and stays sitting when he sees the gun. He is alarmed and I can see he is worried for me. The men seem like they are either on drugs or very nervous, they are shaking slightly, cant hold the gun straight, stuttering words, sweating, and definitely unprepared. However, they were together enough to direct me out of the room and into the yard. I think one pushed me to make me go faster, but next thing I knew I was on my knees in the center of the yard, possibly by a small tree. The long haired man seemed to know who I was and I do think I recognized him, or he at least reminded me of someone. An old family friend perhaps, but one that wasnt a very good influence. He did not seem ro have very good control of the gun, though he thought he did. He fumbled with something on it, I couldnt see but im guessing it was the safety. I raised it up to my head (keep in mind he was about 20 yards away though) and I knew he was going to kill me. This is what he was here for, I was to die.

He pulled the trigger and I flinched, spinning around till I was facing the back fence. I heard a loud popping sound and felt a rush of air speed past the right side of my head. I didnt know what to think, but I was terrified and so decided to stay perfectly still. Definitely frozen in fear. The long haired man taunted me, saying "oh, did that hurt?" (no, it didnt.) Then he raised the gun back up and fired another few times, maybe 5 times, toward the back of my head, this time I heard the shots but did not get hit by them, nor feel them pass me. Something stopped them before they reached me. I continued to sit perfectly still, in shock and fear. They seemed content with their work and turned to leave. Hubby was still sitting in the doorway staring at the men in disbelief and disgust. They could not leave the way they came, because there was a wooden fence there now, so they had to walk past hubby and leave on the other side of the house.

I finally turned around slowly and saw another man there. This part I did not remember till waking, like I literally did not realize this part happened when it happened. Hubby still did not move, just shook his head and I understood that he was only observing. I was thankful to be alive but confused about why I was--clearly those men had come with their entire purpose to kill me. But this guy here now, he was different. He was cool and collected, and seemed like he had no cares or worries at all. He was moving as if he had done all this, seen all this, and knew what he was doing. He was leaning against the wall, something in his mouth though I dont think he smoked. He straightened up and walked toward me, saying something, like his work there was done and like I should have been going with him or maybe there was something he knew about the immediate future that I could know but only if I asked, but this part seemed to be cut short by my mind deciding to switch dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....