My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Sadness and Loss

I actually had this dream the other night, but I couldn't bring myself to type it up at the time. I didn't want to dwell on it for too long, it just scared me. Because of that, sadly, I can't remember many details on what happened in the dream, but a few major points stuck in my mind.

In the dream, both my second-born sister and my eldest cousin were dead. It was extremely frightening, because I don't remember how they supposedly died. I know I wasn't angry at anyone, so it couldn't have been a car wreck or shooting or anything, it must have been natural causes. I can still feel the pain of knowing I would never see them again, and the enduring sadness that felt like it went on for months. Years, even.

I remember being in the dream, not even sure where I was, standing around in someone's living room with my cousin's little baby playing carefree and happy on the floor, not knowing that his mother was gone, and crying because now, what would happen to this child? I asked, out loud, who would take care of him now, would his father be able to care for him? My cousin's mother was now in the room and through her silent stream of tears managed to whisper that she would be taking him home with her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Why would I dream something like this?! I know I live so far away, and I know I already feel as if I'm missing out on the lives of my family members, but does my mind have to remind me of it so often? And so painfully?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....