My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Recent Dreams-- The Move

This is a dream I had a few nights ago, but since I've confessed to not recording lately, I'm going to continue to show that honesty by not changing the date and time on this post to the night I dreamed it. I am here recording past dreams, I'm not meant to adjust the clock on this one.

So a few nights ago, I dreamed that we were moving. Moving to a new house, far from here. It was a beautiful house, very big, in a nice, spread out neighborhood. There were lots of trees, and the entire area was shaded and cool. It was beautiful, and it felt good to be there. It felt peaceful.

It wasn't just us moving there though. Sure, it was me, hubby, and our two kids... but a girl from my past, with her two kids, was moving with us.

We were finally (mostly) settled into the house, enough to live comfortably. My hubby was already off at his new job during the day, and so me and the girl were trying to figure out what to do next. We knew the kids would have to get to school. She didn't have her own vehicle yet though, we only had my truck to rely upon, and it was one seat short. It couldn't fit me, her, and four kids. We began thinking about the school bus route, and if that was an option knowing our kids were still so young. We would have to get them to the bus stop, and maybe we could just walk to there from the house so we wouldn't need the truck.

But then we started thinking about money. I mentioned that she could get a job, and that if all the kids were in school, maybe I could get a job too. Hubby had a great job really, but I wanted to contribute in some way, and the girl would have to contribute on her own, because hubby would not pay everything for her.

Unfortunately that proved to be a bit of a challenge. Not only did she not have her own vehicle yet, but she still did not even have a driver's license. So I couldn't let her drive my truck if she found a job. She would have to hope it was within walking distance for now. It seemed as if a lot of things were still holding her back, and they became issues the more time went on. We needed a way to get the kids to and from school, a way to get her to and from a job, a way to get around for shopping and such, and on top of all that, I found a job that I had to get myself to and from. I'm not sure how I found a job before she did, because I'm fairly certain she was looking long before I was. But I got hired on somewhere, and though I don't remember where exactly, I remember liking it. It was a small dim-lit shop... it was either for pets, games, or books. I'm not sure which. They paid well enough though, and I did like it there. I decided to myself that what she did or didn't do was her business, as long as she paid her part of the rent and bills, and contributed for food.

I was proud of myself for all that I had accomplished. The move, the kids in school, the job so I could contribute to the household. Hubby was proud of me too. I think that made me feel better than the pride I had in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....