My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Raid (And Stuff...)

In this dream, I know it had to have something to do with how much I've been playing World of Warcraft lately. But at the same time, you just have to know how much I believe that my dreams are telling me something. And what better way to tell me something, than by using material that I am comfortable with and close to?

So it starts out in this raid. It has got to be at least a 40-man raid; there were SO many people there! We were all running down long hallways, but it was outdoors. There was just one way forward and one way back, and the lot of us were following our two "tanks," which were just two guys with shields. The raid was probably only about halfway through when one of our tanks realized he had to leave. He didn't even bother to tell us before he left, and in an instant he was gone, and the raid halted. We were all wondering what happened, but we knew we needed a new tank. We couldn't do this with just one tank, after all.

While a few people at the front were pulling out their cell phones and seeing who they could find to fill in, a few of us in the middle were getting restless. Myself, my hubby, my friend... let's just call him Jax... and someone else who looked familiar but I couldn't quite place them. We said that we could probably find a faster way to skip to the end of the raid, and that it would probably be a fun adventure to try. So we stepped out of the mass of raiders and through a small alleyway in the side of the hall. I swear it wasn't there until we decided to venture out on our own...

We were suddenly along the side of a fast-paced highway at night, with bright city lights illuminating the streets and tall buildings to either side. We decided to split up and look for someone to help us get to the end, and so hubby and I went one way and Jax and the other person went the other way. We all had our cell phones and said that we'd keep in touch as we went.

Hubby and I traveled to a toll booth and hubby started up a conversation with the person inside, trying to find clues to get us to the end. I got a phone call from Jax saying that he lost his partner but it was going to be alright, because he knew how to get to the end from where he was! He was going to head that direction now, and he hoped we found our way too. He was going to meet us at the finish! My phone died just then, so he called hubby's. Hubby answered it, talked for a moment, then handed it to me while laughing. I took it as a good sign that not only did he laugh about it, but he had no problem handing the phone to me to keep talking to Jax. Good friendships that last, approved by the hubby! Haha.

Well anyways, we continued on. Hubby got caught up with something and told me to go on ahead, he would handle business here and meet me at the end. So I quickly sent out an SOS text to my driver friend (didn't even realize I had a driver friend...) and he came drifting to a halt directly in front of me only seconds after my text rang out. I jumped in the car, and we were already racing down the street before I could even get my seatbelt on... and I knew I was going to want that seatbelt! This guy was an insane driver, and although he could get you where you wanted to go quickly, it would not be without a few bumps and jumps along the way. I hated the jumps... vehicles were not made to fly just yet.

We were almost there, when the vehicle was attacked. We were thrown off course, and ended up flying into the side of a department store. The car hit a water fountain, and despite the seatbelts, driver and I went sailing forward into some clothing racks. Driver had a cup of water that splashed all down one of the strapless summer dresses on display, and the owner of the store came rushing over to reprimand us. All the women who worked here were high-class prissy bitc---well, they were not very friendly.

I didn't understand what was going on, and why the owner was screaming at driver because of the harmless cup of water, and not because of the car in her fountain or the hole in her wall... Regardless of her reasoning, she had left me out of it. I was free to wander the store. I didn't get far though, because those summer dresses had caught my attention. I'm not usually one to gawk at dresses, but I wished I could wear one. They were strapless and the bottoms flared out, so I knew they'd be fun to twirl in (one of the best parts to any dress is if the bottom flares out when you twirl!). They were simple designs in green, red, purple, and blue, all with a sheer white fabric overtop. I couldn't help but stay still and just stare at them.

Suddenly I was brought out of my trance when a small white dog ran up to me. It had medium-length curly fur, with a few black spots here and there. She was a tiny little thing, no bigger than a loaf of bread. Her owner, I noticed, was a girl I used to know, though I couldn't remember her name. I just knew that I had known her from somewhere. She laughed and said that her dog was always running off and making friends, and I just sat there petting the dog and laughing along with her owner.

There was someone else who began to laugh as well, and I turned to my left to see none other than Ellen Degeneres, wearing a gray suit, laying across a white couch. She was watching the dog, and looked up at me exclaiming how adorable it was, and asking if she could hold her. I told her the dog was not mine, and nodded towards my friend, who gave permission for Ellen to pick up the dog. After a few minutes of petting and licking the owner called the dog back over to her, so she could show us all her trick.

The little dog laid down on her back, and her owner carefully balanced a small dog treat on the dog's nose. The dog laid there and balanced it perfectly! She then flipped her nose up, the treat went flying, and it came back down directly into her mouth. What a trick! Then, for whatever reason, someone decided to throw a hamburger at the dog. It hit the dog's stomach and bounced upwards. The dog was shocked and jumped up, and when the hamburger came crashing back down on top of the dog, the dog jumped in fright. She jumped so high that she was flying across the room, and everyone stood up in alarm, ready to catch the dog. But she landed safely in Ellen's arms, knocking Ellen back down on the couch. To top it all off, just after being caught, the dog turned her head just right to catch the hamburger. She set the burger down on top of Ellen's head, and the entire room erupted in laugher and applause.

I'm not sure how long I was there just hanging out with Ellen and the dog, but after a while I knew I had to go. I had friends and a hubby to meet up with! I waved goodbye with a smile and walked out the door, down the road about a block, then turned down an alley to find the end of the raid, right in front of me. I pulled out my phone to call the others, but before I could dial I looked up to see hubby and Jax walking towards me, talking and laughing. They saw me and waved, and I ran over to meet them. We stared at the end of the raid, proud of reaching it together, just the three of us.

That was it. We made it, and I woke up. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....