My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Broke While Traveling

The dream last night was in a way sad, and a bit disturbing as to how accurate the emotions were.

The entire dream was simply Mike and I traveling. We were driving somewhere on a long car trip, and gas was expensive. We had a set amount of money, and we were trying to plan what we spent carefully. We stopped at a lot of gas stations though, and each time we stopped we would buy a drink and a snack. It seems like it was all a blur in a way, constantly driving, stopping, buying, and driving again. I have a few flashbacks of some of the stops though. For instance, one gas station we stopped at had the drinks surrounding the checkout counter, and I was searching for the one drink that would satisfy my thirst--not that I have any idea what that drink was.

Halfway there, we seem to have gone broke. We pulled into a gas station and we were going to get drinks and snacks again, but we had a feeling we were out of money. We shouldnt have been, but we thought we were. So we checked at an ATM and were shocked to find that we were already negative two hundred dollars! We had to continue to spend money so we could get where we were going and get home again, but we were extremely cautious in what we bought at that point, even though we knew it was just going to put us more and more negative. We were confused and frustrated at knowing that we were broke and we shouldnt have been, but there wasn't much else we could do about it.

Apparently we were driving to my aunt's house, which also seemed to be somewhere up north. She was selling puppies, and they were ADORABLE. They were so tiny, and they were black and white and tan. There was one in particular that was black, with white on its face and stomach and around the base of it's tail, brown in between the white and black, and small black spots on the white around the tail. I knew they were expensive, and I knew we didn't have the money, but apparently we had already paid for it so I got to take the dog home with me.

All I can really remember clearly, the one image that I still see in my head when I think of this dream, is seeing the negative numbers on the ATM screen. Feeling that sense of being irresponsible and careless, and being afraid that Mike would be mad at me, for I felt as if it was my fault that we were broke. Whether or not it was, wasn't the issue. It was simply the fact that I didn't want to feel as if I had spent his money, even if he was there spending it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....