My dreams take me to the wierdest places—sometimes good, sometimes bad—but there are some of them I just don't want to forget. So good or bad, they go here. My dreams take me on a journey into the farthest parts of my mind. If I can figure out what they mean, maybe I can understand myself a bit better. You are more than welcome to take this journey with me, but don't judge what you read. Remember, it was just a dream.

That said, a lot of these dreams have at least one part of them that would be great in a story. Some of them would make amazing stories all on their own, so I do get a lot of writing inspiration from these pages. Maybe one day you'll read one of my stories and know exactly which dream inspired it!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bikers and Family Gathering

There were multiple aspects of my dream last night, I didnt quite follow them all but it's slipping fast so this may seem jumbled, but I need to get it down.

The most prominent part of the dream waa when i was tailing a biker gang. They were not your stereotypical, all black leather, larger guys, long beards and sunglasses kind of bikers. It was like a special gang, each member was most represented by a color. Red, blue, green, yellow, purple (those are the ones I remember seeing). I think red was in charge. Blue was a slightly bigger guy, and the one I had the most interaction with.

As I was following them, I  drove a large but old red truck. They hung out a lot near a bike shop, but a very nice looking one, and most of their shelves (though I never went in, I knew somehow) were filled with shiny helmets. It was the helmets that were special, because they transformed into or somehow created the bikes. This was never straight out said in the dream, It's just one of those things you know as you are dreaming it. There was a particular helmet that I wanted,  and im not sure if I was fighting the urge to enter the shop and get it, or if I needed the bikers' help. I think it was red, like my truck, but it had a cat on it. A very fluffy cat.

The biker gang clearly knew I was trailing them, even though I think I did a pretty decent job of appearing like a regular person. At one point, for example, they were coming out of the bike shop while I was out front by my truck, and I knew they would capture me for sure unless I had a good excuse for why I was standing outside my truck. I tried the handle, acted like it was locked, then walked around to the passenger side and acted relieved to see the door opened. I reached across to 'unlock' the drivers side door, and one of the members reached out and opened it for me, before I had come back around to the drivers side. I panicked inside for a moment, thinking I was doomed, until he bellowed a laugh and remarked that I was lucky in my carelessness of leaving then passenger side unlocked,  and that next time I might not be so relieved at the outcome. I gave him a nervous smile and they went on their way, but the blue one kept an eye on me the entire time as they walked off.

At one point,  while working out of my truck, the blue one came over to me. I acted like I had lost my cat and was fairly certain he was hiding in my truck. Blue took a quick glance aroundnd lsost interest. He would talk to me here and there, just meaningless mutterings really, but after a while I said it was time I headed home. Apparently he was supposed to ve a diversion, because as I arrived home the gang had broken into my home and were ransacking the place as they 'made themselves comfortable', their way of pretending as they searched my house for clues that I was spying. I knew they wouldnt find anything though, so I feigned indifference and pretended tbey were just really bad guests. And that they were. I had to constantly nag them to pick up trash and get their bikes off my couch and off the coffee table, I yelled for them not to touch the cheesecake in the fridge--obviously way too late for that, half of it was already gone--because I had made it for the family at christmas.

After what seemed like hours,  they up and left... and left me with a huge wrecked home. I spent the night cleaning most of it, only to find they returned the next day. Although I had begun my mission with a deep sense of fear and caution for the gang,  they were now intruding on my life and destroying it, too. They were actually starting to accept me as one of their own,  feeling comfortable around me and acting in ways I know they dont act in public. This is what I had been waiting for, I could get what I wanted now! But the disarray was too much, I couldnt stand it. If being accepted by them means to give up who I am, then it just wasnt worth it. I shouted and yelled ans told them they had 5 minutes to get their bikes out of my living room and get going, because I had family coming over and they were ruining everything. They filed out, one by one, and the blue one seemed especially sad, as he left he handed me what I guess was a pair of boxers, but they had something special written along the inside of the band, and he cried as he told me that it was what I had been looking for, and that he was sad I never took the time to really 'look' for the gang that way. I guess they really just felt misunderstood,  and they only acted tough to protect themselves from the harsh outside world.

The sadness ended, and suddenly the living room was clean and guests were beginning to arrive. It was my family, though the kids were still my husband's nieces and nephews. My sister in law was there too, and as she walked in the door she asked me to smile, knowing I had just undergone dental surgery and was missing a front tooth (which I actually am right now, surgery was Monday). I did, reluctantly, and I really dont like the amusement it brings others.

We begin to exchange gifts and cards, and the adults all laugh over one card I handed out, that I guess I didnt read or even fill out first... it said something along the lines of, 'Heres a card, in exchange for the card you undoubtedly gave me, maybe you'd have actually gotten me something if you lived closer.' And it had a spot to fill in my name, so they wouldnt 'forget who I was.' They all thought it was hilarious; I wondered where I got such a card and why I didnt check them before handing them out. I thought it was really disrespectful and rude,  and although I was embarrassed to have let someone get such a card from me, I was relieved that they were taking it so lightly.

The kids found the stuffed animals I had been making for them, but sadly I hadnt finished them with all the tailing I had been doing, so I had to take back headless dolls and armless bodies from the kids, who really didnt understand.  I thought maybe I could work on them right then, but i never would have finished. The adults got to talking about my crochet and told me how they would love to see my things sold online, and everyone suggested their favorite online craft website. I thanked them all and continued to work.

Somewhere in these dreams was a kids amusement park of some sort, old and abandoned and in disarray, though I guess power was still hooked up if someone were to flip a switch. It always works that way in movies... I dont know what I was trying to find or save, but there was an adventurous feel to it all. At one point I think I was climbkng by hand across a section of roller coaster. I dont know why I was there, that part was sort of broken up. There was someone else there helping me I think, too.

Well thats about it I think... I'll edit if I remember anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving a Techie Genius Con Artist

In this dream, the techie man I had been so in love with looked and sounded exactly like Alec Steele, the blacksmith. It was pretty amazing....